Cloud expert, Andi Mann shares his tips for a successful cloud computing adoption through an article in Sys-Con.
He mentioned that these tips were based on the intersection of cloud computing with various huge points of concern such as business strategy, globalization, security and the “new normal”.
Here are some groundwork details that were used as bases for the successful cloud adoption tips:
- Cloud uses time, money and resource far more efficiently than legacy IT
- Cloud makes it possible to pursue a vast range of revenue-generating activities
- CIO’s need to invest for mobility, agility and flexibility more than for simple cost reduction
- Cloud still takes work to deliver business outcomes
- A “one-cloud” policy will never be realistic
- You still need to maintain accountability for full user experience
These are just some parts of the wisdom behind the pointer given, if you would like to read the full version, visit Sys-Con now.
Notably, the author mentioned that cloud offers a fresh start to overcome a lot of IT problems, but it does not mean that the things we already know have become irrelevant, disciplines such as financial and asset management and security and compliance still need to be applied.